SEO-friendly content always ranks better in search engines. Anyone can write good articles on the topic he/she expertise in. But SEO friendly content is something that people search for.
In this article, I will show you how to write SEO articles in four easy steps. After reading this article a beginner can start writing his/her first SEO-optimized article.
Four Easy Steps To Write SEO Articles
You can simply follow the guideline to write great content. I follow these steps to create good content for my blog. The four steps are as follows-
(You can simply click on the topic and read that particular step individually)
- Proper Keyword Research
- Competitor Analysis
- Creating an Outline of the Article
- Write the Article For A Keyword
Let’s discuss in details-
Step 1: Keyword Research
This is the first step. I prefer Google’s keyword planner1 the best. It provides the average monthly searches and competition for the keywords. It is the best free tool to find long-tail keywords without limitation. You can use Ahref, Ubbersuggest2, Long tail keyword Pro, SEMRush, and many more tools.
You have to know a few things to rank a keyword- Number of monthly searches, Keyword Difficulty Score, Article Length Needed to Rank on First Page, How many authority websites already referring to your competitors.
How popular are they on social media? Yes, this is important to reach more people. Find out and select a keyword on your niche which has the lowest competition with a good amount of monthly visitors.
Q1. How To Do Keyword Research Using Free SEO Tools?
Ans: There are many free tools for keyword research. The most famous tools are-
- Keyword Planner
All of them provide the necessary information and all have metrics to decide the difficulty of a keyword. For example- “SEO” is a keyword. It is extremely hard for a new site to rank for this one.
These tools provide a difficulty score analyzing the website authority and backlinks. Search the keyword and find out the keyword with a low difficulty score and high search volume. And make a list of such keywords.
Q2.What Are The Long Tail Keywords?
Ans: A keywords with 3 or, more words are called long-tail keywords in general. These types of key phrases are longer than typically searched keywords. You can use the free tools mentioned above to find out long-tail keywords. These types of keywords have low search volume and low SEO difficulty. So, you can rank your web page easily with this type of keywords very easily with an in-depth article.
Q3. Is Keyword Planner 100% Accurate?
Ans: There is no SEO tool including the Google keyword planner which is 100% accurate. It collects data from monthly and yearly Google searches and gives it to use in an organized way. There is no doubt that Google’s keyword planner is the most trusted among the available tools in the market. The data and analysis can help you to find out the best key phrases for you.
Step 2: Competitor Analysis
Read the top 5 to 10 articles that are already ranked on the first page of the search result. Analyze their writing style, research materials, resources, and all other related things.
Visitors already liked the articles on the first page, so there must be some X factor. You have to find out that X factor. Some authority websites already give a link back to those pages, why did they do it3 ? Find out with care, it’s important.
Competitor analysis process includes-
- Identifying top competitors
- Obtaining details of their strategy
- Finding their area of strength
Purpose of Competitor Analysis Are-
- Finding the strength and weakness of the competitor
- Creating better content to rank on top
- Achieving more authority to rank better
Best SEO Tools For Competitor Analysis-
- Majestic Link Explorar
- Moz Link Explorer
- Ubbersuggest etc.
You can read- Find Inbound Link To A Website Using 5 Free Tools
Step 3: Creating an Outline
You have made proper research on keywords, you have analyzed your competitor’s content and web presence. Now, it’s time to create an outline for your content.
Ask yourself- What should be the length of your article? How do you want to present them? Create a complete outline of your article. You already have an idea about the content which people like most. Try to give something better than the available online content.
Try to achieve the three important quality for your content during making an outline-
- Readability of The Article: Keep in mind- readers will come from different parts of the world. They will visit using a variety of devices. Make sure that your web page is responsive and your article is written in a format that everyone can enjoy.
- SEO Score of The Article: Seo optimized article will also help the readers. It should focus on a single topic which is the keyword of your article. All the resources and research materials you are using inside your article should be focused on the key topic of the article. It will increase an on-page SEO score and will help to rank better.
- In-Depth Article Topics And Examples: Start with the most common things and go deeper. Use facts and findings, influence your readers to read till the end. Make an outline for an in-depth article covering all the related topics.
The outline of an article is very important for SEO optimized content. Maybe you know many things on a particular topic. A bizarre representation will not help you in any way.
Step 4: Write the SEO Article
This is the fourth and final step. Follow the common SEO rules. In WordPress, you can use the Yoast SEO plugin or, similar plugins to write the perfect content.
Remember one thing, never use the keyword in an unnatural way. It must look like a natural part of the article. Try to use the keyword or, a synonym of the keyword on Title, URL, Heading, and on First Paragraph. Keep the keyword density below 4%.
Sometimes you see the same result on searches for two different keywords. People do searches the same thing using different keywords. In that case, you can use one of the synonymous keywords.
Follow some of the simple tips to write an SEO Optimized content to rank number 1 in Google–
- Use Target Keywords On Title And URL: It is not necessary to use the exact keyword on the title and URL. You can use synonyms and similar search terms. Make sure that it is looking natural
- Keywords on H1 and First Paragraph: Use the key term or, the key topic on the first heading and first paragraph. Give the reader an idea about your content. Keeping keyword density below 3% is better.
- Write an In-Depth Article On Specific Idea: Writing long content will not help you if it doesn’t attract the readers. Don’t move away from the key concept. Go deep into the idea, share researches, videos, infographics, and more if necessary. Cover all the areas related to main keyword.
Use Sub Keywords On Sub Headings:
Google usually shows the rich result on searches. A 2000+ words long article can rank for hundreds of search terms. So, keep that concept in mind and create an engaging article of 1500+ or, 2000+ words to rank better in searches.
During keyword research don’t avoid Google search engine suggested keywords with the lowest search volume. Those terms may rank your article on top. A longer article with such key phrases will rank for a significant number of search terms. These will give authority to the main keywords. And over time the main keyword will come to the first page.
Google search console can help you to write and edit existing SEO articles– Watch the google search console search terms. Some of your web pages may rank for some keywords which you did not include in the article. Now, include them in the existing article. And write a new article if needed. Google has somw awesome free tools.
You can read- 10 Best Free Google Tools For SEO
The concept of 10x content by rand Fishkin is very popular. As a newbie in this field, I follow his suggestion for writing content 10 times better than others. You can listen to him here(it will answer your questions about the fourth step)-
You can read the- formula of keyword density, it will help you a lot to understand the way you should use the key phrase in the article.
A misconception is very popular that SEO-optimized content is the content for search engines. No, it’s not true. Blogger and article writers always write articles for readers, not for search engines.
You can Read- The Difference Between Inbound and Outbound Links
And obviously, search engines care most about user-friendly content. If the user likes the content search engine must show it on the first-page search result.
I hope the article helps you to know how to create SEO articles in four easy steps. Please, share your thoughts in the comment section below.